BECOMING THE BEST ‘BEST MAN’
Leading up to the wedding day, there’s no doubt that the groom may be feeling slightly anxious and stressed. Your duties as the best man are to make sure he’s at the top of his game, while also coordinating various activities and coordinating with the rest of the wedding party. We’ve broken down the best man’s duties so you can become the best ‘best man’!
PRE- WEDDING DUTIES
1. Help the groom choose his wedding attire and coordinate the other
2. Organise the bachelor party (and recruit the other groomsmen to help).
cost should be split amongst everyone who attends the festivities.
3. Coordinate the groomsmen’s gift to the groom.
4. Provide emotional support to the groom and be there to understand his
complaints, confessions and questions with no judgement at all. Be the
reassuring best friend that every groom needs.
5. Attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and perhaps make a small toast.
WEDDING DAY DUTIES
1. Keep an eye on the clock.
2. Make sure all the groomsmen are in the right place at the right time
throughout the ceremony. Ensure they look organised and presentable.
3. Hold on to the wedding rings for safekeeping.
4. Help welcome and seat guests at the ceremony.
5. Serve as a witness during the marriage-license signing.
6. Give the officiant their fee.
7. In case of emergency – become the emcee.
8. Offer the first toast to the newlyweds at the reception!
9. Mingle around and make sure everyone is having a good time.
10. Dance with the bride, maid of honour, mother of the bride and mother of the groom.
11. Collect any gifts and cards that guests may bring.
POST WEDDING DUTIES
1. Take care of the groom’s clothes after he changes out of his wedding attire.
2. Make sure all the groom’s wedding related expenses are taken care of.
3. Coordinate car transportation for the bride and groom.
4. Make sure any rented items are returned on time.
If you want to be an even better best man, get in touch with Duüet Melbourne Wedding Photography today, to make sure every moment of the beautiful day is captured forever.